WHAT INFORMATION DOES ANKPAL COLLECT?
WHAT IS THE BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION?
We have a lawful basis for processing of Your Information (unless an exemption applies) which is as outlined below:
- Performance of a contract. We may process Your Information for performance of a contract with you as may be necessary.
- Legitimate Interest. We will process Your Information in a manner that it serves Our necessary and legitimate interests, except in the event where your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms in relation to such Information, override our legitimate interests. Such legitimate interests shall include prevention of fraud or misuse of services, IT and network security, marketing and advertising of Services, and processing for marketing research purposes.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
"Personally Identifiable Information" is information that identifies a specific User when such User engages in certain activities on the Website, such as creating an account, availing a service through the Website, requesting information about our Services, and such other activities as we may identify on the Website (collectively, "Identification Activities"). It is optional for You to engage in an Identification Activity. We may also receive certain Information about You from third parties when you have agreed via a third party's form/website to share such information with us. Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you a safe, efficient, smooth and customized experience.
The Personally Identifiable Information we collect depends on the Identification Activity involved. For example, while registering or availing services, on our Website we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as Information provided by you while subscribing to or registering on the Website, your first and last name, contact details, , such as you’re your company name, email address, postal addresses, telephone numbers, mobile numbers and fax numbers, mailing address (including zip code). Further, in connection with the Services, We will ask you to provided your permanent account number, goods and service tax registration, bank account details, books and records, financial data, log in details for goods and service tax and income tax etc.
Depending on the Identification Activity, some of the information we ask You to provide is identified as mandatory and some is identified as voluntary. If You do not provide the mandatory information for a particular activity that requires it, You may not be permitted to engage in that Identification Activity. Further, since the accuracy of your information is important to Us, if You provide us with your Personally Identifiable Information, please keep us informed if such information changes during your relationship with us.
NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Information related to any other customer for whom You do any activity through your account. In such cases, You must confirm and represent that each of the other customers have agreed to share information shared by You and disclosed to us. If in the future You do not wish to receive Cookies, You may be able to refuse them by adjusting Your browser settings to reject/block cookies including Cookies associated with Our service, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it is important to remember that if You do so, we may be unable to offer you some of our functionalities, services or support. If You have previously visited our Website, You may also have to delete any existing cookies from Your browser.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use the Information collected from You for the purposes, including but not limited to those mentioned below:
- to provide the Services;
- to contact the User if the User has requested information or communication from us;
- to enhance the operation of the Website;
- to provide and improve our Services;
- to analyse Website use;
- todetermine the country in which the User is located for compliance purposes;
- for security, anti-piracy, and fraud prevention purposes;
- to verify that existing Information about User in our possession is accurate and complete;
- to tailor User’s experience with third parties;
- to undertake any other promotional activities (where you have previously consented to such promotional activities);
- to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- to troubleshoot, resolve disputes and accomplish administrative tasks;
- tailor information presented to the User based on your browsing preferences, such as language and geographical region;
- collect statistics regarding User’s Website usage; and
- provide Us with information to support technical functionality of service, improve the Website experience and measure marketing effectiveness.
- to confirm User’s bookings;
- to keep the User updated about the transaction status;
- to send confirmations ( emails/sms) wherever applicable;
- for our operation team contact you, if necessary
- to customize our Website and mobile application
- request to rate and review any particular services offered.
- to send verification message(s) or email(s).
In some circumstances we will anonymize Your Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case We may use this information indefinitely without further notice to You.
We highly appreciate opinions / queries and comments from our Users and frequently conduct surveys, online as well as offline, the information is aggregated, and used to make improvements to Website, and to develop efficient content, features and promotions for members.
MARKETING CAMPAIGNS, DATA ANALYSIS:
Marketing campaigns, data analysis help Us to know Your preferences, create programs and improve User experience. Personal Identifiable Information collected by us for such activities may include contact information and opinion questions. As our esteemed User, You will also receive notifications and updates from Us about new Services, or any other important information and marketing campaigns.
In addition, You may look forward to periodically receiving marketing emails, newsletters and exclusive promotional offering.
From time to time we may enhance services available on our Website/Mobile app. To the extent these services are provided, and used by You, we will use the Information You provide to facilitate the service requested and make your experience better.
You will occasionally receive e-mail updates from us about, special offers, new Services, and other noteworthy items. We hope You will find these updates interesting and informative. If You wish not to receive them, please click on the "unsubscribe" link or follow the instructions in each e - mail message or send us an email email@example.com.
USE OF WEBSITE, COOKIES AND INFORMATION
Cookies also allow ease of access, by logging in without having to type your login name each time (only your password is needed); we may also use such cookies to display any advertisement to You while You are on the Website or to send You a offers (or similar emails – provided You have not opted out of receiving such emails) focusing on ports which may be of Your interest. None of this information is passed to any third party, and is used solely by us to provide You with a better user experience on the Website.
A cookie may also be placed by our advertising server. Such cookies are used only for purposes of tracking the effectiveness of advertising served by Us on the Website. Similarly, a cookie may be placed by our third party advertising companies or advertisement providers or servers. These companies may use aggregated statistics about Your visits to the Website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of potential interest to You. The information they collect does not include your Personal Information.
The third party advertising companies or advertisement providers may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of the advertisements. All such information is anonymous. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is an industry standard technology and is used by all major online companies. They may use this information about Your visits to the Website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of probable interest to you. No Personal Information is collected during this process. The information so collected during this process, is anonymous, and does not link online actions to a User.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. Of course, by changing the options on your web browser or using certain software programs, you can control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your browser. We support your right to block any unwanted Internet activity, especially that of unscrupulous websites. However, blocking Ourcookies may disable certain features on the Website, and may make it impossible to use the Services available on the Website. Please note that it is possible to block cookie activity from certain websites while permitting cookies from websites you trust.
AUTOMATIC LOGGING OF SESSION DATA:
Each time You access the Mobile App Your session data gets logged. Session data consists of the User’s IP address, operating system and type of browser software being used and the activities conducted by the User while on the Website. We collect session data because it helps us analyze User’s choices, browsing pattern including the frequency of visits and duration for which a User is logged on. It also helps us diagnose problems with our servers and lets us better administer our systems. The aforesaid information cannot identify any User personally. However, it is possible to determine a User's Internet Service Provider (ISP), and the approximate geographic location of User's point of connectivity from the IP address.
WITH WHOM YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SHARED
Third Parties. We do not share Personally Identifiable Information with other parties ("Third Parties") except as a part of the normal operations, examples of which are set out below:
- Your Personally Identifiable Information shall be shared with the consultant registered with us such as chartered accountants, accountants and other professionals that We may engage to render the Services. You may note that while availing our Services you authorize Us to share your information with the said service providers.
- For your safety we may share Personally Identifiable Information with our other corporate entities and affiliates to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts, correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of our Services. Those entities and affiliates may not market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-in.
- Sharing of Information with other entities, which may include but may not be limited to our present or future affiliates, i.e., individuals and companies with whom We have business relationships ("Affiliates"), to provide joint services or certain services to Us or on our behalf and help us to operate our business. Such entities may also obtain Information from the Website itself, for providing services to Us for our business including sending out and distributing our administrative and promotional emails and measurement of the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content and programming, through means including those of Cookies, Pixel tags and other web technologies. We may share Your Personally Identifiable Information with such Third Party service providers to fulfil your requests for Services, send post or email, remove repetitive information on customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links, process credit card payments, operate the Website, troubleshoot, and provide customer service. We may also collect Personally Identifiable Information from our Affiliates and may have to also share their information with such Third Party service providers to accomplish our administrative tasks. We encourage Third Parties and Third Party service providers to adopt and publicly inform their privacy policies. However, the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
For all other purposes, we will ask for your consent before sharing Personally Identifiable Information with any Third Party. Also, when such Personally Identifiable Information has already been provided to a Third Party, and you wish that the Company or such Third Party stop using such information, you may, at any time, write to us or such Third Party, as the case may be, to stop using such Information. We specifically disclaim any responsibility or liability for the actions of such Third Parties. While we inform them that they are only permitted to communicate with You for the purposes of the specific activity in relation to Ankpal, We do not have any responsibility for the actions of the Third Parties, and the actions of the Third Parties are not in Our control.
We will only retain Your Personally Identifiable Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain Your Information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with You.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of Your Information, the purposes for which We process your Information and whether We can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see "Your Legal Rights" below for further information.
WHAT ARE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, You have certain rights under data protection laws in relation to Your Information such as requesting access to Your data, requesting correction of Your data, requesting erasure of Your data, objecting to processing of Your data, requesting restriction of processing of Your data, requesting transfer of Your data to you or a third party and requesting to withdraw consent to process Your data. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or You have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify You and keep You updated.
It is hereby clarified that You will not have to pay a fee to access Your Information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may refuse to comply with Your request if Your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
SECURITY OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your account is protected by a password for Your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to Your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to Your computer or device and browser by signing off after You have finished accessing Your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of Your account and other personal information We hold in our records, but We cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of the User’s information at any time.
Note: As effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Any transmission of information by you to us or otherwise is at your own risk.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
You can always opt not to disclose information to use, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of Our special features/ Services. You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained in section above. When you update information, however, We may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. Please note that some information may remain in Our private records after your deletion of such information from your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating Your personal information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
"Cookie": A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
"IP address": Every computer connected to the Internet is assigned a unique number known as an IP address. Since these numbers are usually assigned in country-based blocks, an Internet Protocol address can often be used to identify the country from which a computer is connecting to the Internet.
"Server logs": Like most websites, our servers automatically record the page requests made when you visit our sites. These "server logs" typically include your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
"Pixel tag": A pixel tag is a type of technology placed on a website or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity on websites, or when emails are opened or accessed, and is often used in combination with cookies.